VANCOUVER WA | BATTLE GROUND | CAMAS
Tooth loss with age or with injury is something most people will have to face within their lifetime. If you’re concerned about losing bone structure or continuing to lose teeth, it may be time to consider dentures. Dental technology has been rapidly improving over the last couple of decades, and the dentures of today are better than ever! New Image Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is here to answer all of your questions, giving you expert advice on types of dentures, the process of denture fitting, and what benefits to expect!
Types of Dentures
- Full Conventional: A full denture set can involve either the upper teeth, lower teeth, or both.
- Conventional dentures are fitted to your gums.
- They are fully removable.
- This is typically the most affordable option.
- The only concern with full dentures is potential bone loss after the removal of teeth.
- Overdentures: Slightly more expensive than full conventional dentures, overdentures are permanently placed within the mouth, making it a more stable option.
- Overdentures are anchored by remaining teeth or dental implants, so further bone loss or facial structure is less of a concern.
- Fixed Partial: If you have a number of remaining healthy teeth, fixed partial dentures (also known as fixed dental bridges) are an excellent option.
- Crowns are placed over two teeth on either side, cementing the partial dentures in place.
- This can improve the stability of your facial structure
- This option looks natural because it blends in with existing teeth.
- Removable Partial: Also known as a dental bridge, this is a great way to replace missing teeth.
- The removable bridge is fitted in the same way as permanent bridges but is attached to surrounding teeth by clasps.
Have a Question or Need a Dentist Appointment?
Request a Call Back!
Leave us your information and we’ll call you back in 30 minutes or less.
- The first step is to consult with your dentist.
- They can evaluate the health and stability of your existing teeth and gums, helping you to make the right choice for a denture type.
- A dentist can help you decide the best type of denture for your existing bone structure, your lifestyle, and any other concerns you may have.
- After evaluation, your dentist will take molds and measurements of your mouth.
- A model will be made to help with any adjustments that need to be made.
- Your dentist will construct your dentures.
- There will be a final fitting to make sure your dentures are comfortable and properly fitted to your jaw.
Benefits of Dentures
When dentures are made correctly and fitted properly, dentures can reduce bone loss and maintain facial structure. Dentures can restore your smile and the function of your teeth! New Image Cosmetic & Family Dentistry has extensive experience with dentures, fittings, and long-term denture usage, and we would love to answer any questions you might have!
Dentures in Vancouver WA
Serving Clients in the Greater Vancouver WA Area: