Implant Supported Dentures
When patients lose teeth for any reason, such as disease or injury, they should replace them as quickly as possible. Missing teeth make it difficult to eat and speak and are also embarrassing when one smiles. With so many dental treatments available today, patients can choose the option that best meets their needs. At New Image Cosmetic & Family Dentistry in Vancouver WA, our dentists and friendly staff are here to help every step of the way.
Different Types of Dentures
There are many different types of dentures depending on one’s budget, the number of teeth remaining and the desired result.
- Full dentures sit on top of the gums and replace all teeth in the upper and lower jaws.
- Partial sets replace a few missing teeth and are made from a gum-colored base along with a metal piece that wraps around existing teeth.
- A bridge fills in one missing tooth while connecting to an existing tooth.
- Implant supported dentures snap on to an implant that is placed deep in the jawbone and looks just like a natural tooth.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
These are some of the most favored types of dentures for numerous reasons. They are strong, allowing individuals to eat more of their favorite foods and speak with ease. This gives the patient renewed confidence.
Because the implants resemble one’s natural teeth, the entire device can look far more natural than one might imagine. Finally, these have a surprisingly good fit, helping avoid slippage. Other benefits include the following:
- Results in as few as two dental appointments
- Easy placement and removal
- Permanent results that will last the rest of one’s life.
Implant supported dentures are a great solution for missing teeth. They can exist as partial or full replacements of missing teeth. This modern, natural-looking method of replacing teeth is far superior to the loose, uncomfortable dentures of yesteryear.