Single Tooth Dental Implants
Many people often think of dental implants as a solution when many teeth are missing. But single tooth dental implants are a great overall choice for a majority of situations. If you’re missing a single tooth, single tooth dental implants are a great option. They look and function like real teeth and are designed to last a lifetime!
You can have beautifully functioning teeth once again from New Image Cosmetic & Family Dentistry. We are proud to offer single tooth dental implants as a single tooth replacement option for our patients.
Single Tooth Replacement
It’s not uncommon for people to lose a single tooth at some point in their adult lives. But what’s important to know is that missing teeth can affect your overall dental health. If you’re missing at least a single tooth this can lead to:
- A higher chance of gum disease
- Receding gums
- Higher possibility of losing more teeth
- Uneven bite
- A change in your jaw structure
- Extra wear on remaining teeth
Single Tooth Implant vs Dental Bridges
Oftentimes when people lost a single tooth and look for single tooth replacement options, they choose bridges or dentures. A dental bridge uses the teeth on either side of the missing tooth as a way to anchor a new tooth in place. A single dental implant is different. Single tooth dental implants become a permanent part of your mouth and they don’t rely on any neighboring teeth. Below are some of the advantages of a single-tooth dental implant over dental bridges.
- A dental implant functions like a natural tooth
- A single tooth dental implant looks like a natural tooth
- Dental implants don’t affect adjacent teeth whereas dental bridges require adjacent teeth to be ground down
- With dental implants, the root is replaced so the bone is better preserved. With a bridge, some of the bone can begin to deteriorate
- Single tooth dental implants are easier to clean
- With dental bridges, gums can recede around the bridge and cause the collar of the bridge to become exposed over time
- With dental bridges, the bone beneath can become resorbed and lead to an unattractive smile
Experts in Single Tooth Dental Implants
If you’ve lost one or more teeth, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team at New Image & Cosmetic Family Dentistry is here for all of your dental needs. No dental insurance? No problem. We work with all of our patients and will provide you with affordable options. We also offer a dental membership program.