Different Types of Dental Implants
VANCOUVER WA | BATTLE GROUND | CAMAS |
Once the dentist has determined that you are a good candidate for dental implants, the next step is choosing which type of dental implant is best. There are two key types of dental implants: endosteal dental implants and subperiosteal dental implants. At New Image Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Vancouver WA, we understand no two mouths are the same which is why we custom design your dental implants just for you!
What are the Different Types of Dental Implants?
There are two main types of dental implants and they are categorized based on whether they require a single-stage process or a two-stage process.
- Single-stage dental implants: in single-stage dental implant procedures, a longer implant is placed into the jaw with its cap visible. Several months after the patient has healed and the gum tissue has closed, the abutment can be attached without surgery.
- Two-stage dental implants: with two-stage dental implant procedures, an implant is surgically placed into the jaw, then several months after the gum tissue has healed, minor surgery is required to place the abutment to the implant.
- Endosteal dental implants: endosteal dental implants are the most common type of implants used by dentists today. They are typically made of titanium and are shaped like screws. Endosteal dental implants are surgically placed in the jawbone to provide a secure attachment.
- Subperiosteal dental implants: subperiosteal implants are surgically placed underneath the gum rather than being secured into it. They are used for patients who don’t have sufficient jawbone depth to support a standard root implant or for those do not want to have a bone augmentation to restore their jaw.
Have a Question or Need a Dentist Appointment?
Request a Call Back!
Leave us your information and we’ll call you back in 30 minutes or less.
What Type of Dental Implant Do I Need?
The type of dental implant and dental implant procedure will depend on several factors including:
- Your jawbone health
- The type of bridge, denture, or crown that will be placed on the dental implant
- How many teeth will be replaced with dental implants
The best way to determine which types of dental implants are right for you is by having a thorough consultation by one of our dental implant dentists. Whether you need a single tooth replaced or several, we can find a dental implant solution that will fit your needs. Contact us today to schedule a free dental implant consultation. We’ll provide you with all of the information you need about dental implant materials and costs.
Types of Dental Implants
Serving Clients in the Greater Vancouver WA Area: