Crown & Bridge Post Op Instructions
VANCOUVER WA | BATTLE GROUND | CAMAS |
We made a temporary crown or bridge to protect your teeth and gum tissues while your permanent crown or bridge is made at the dental laboratory. The Temporary is made with a plastic material and is only cemented with temporary cement.
There are a few instructions to ensure the temporary stays in place until your permanent restoration is here.
Crown & Bridge Post Op – Things to Avoid:
- Sticky food like gum, toffee, or caramel (These could pull your temporary off)
- Hard food like ice cubes, corn nuts, or peanut brittle (These could break your temporary)
- strong>Avoid eating until the anesthetic has worn off so that you do not accidentally bite your lip, cheek, or tongue
- Cold liquids. It is normal for your tooth to become sensitive to hot and cold. Eventually it should wear off. If it does not, call the office and talk to your doctor.
Crown & Bridge Post Op – Things to Do:
- Rinse with warm salt water 3 times a day (1 tsp salt and 1 cup warm water). It is normal for your gums to be sore after your appointment. Rinsing with warm salt water will help sooth and heal your gums.
- Brush and floss each day, pulling the floss out from the side rather than strait up or down when floss next to the temporary. Pulling floss out from the top may cause the temporary to come loose. If you have problems flossing, let us know.
Call our office if:
- Your bite feels uneven
- You have persistent pain after a day or two
- Your temporary breaks or comes off
- You have any questions or concerns
Crown & Bridge Post Op Instructions in Vancouver WA
Serving Clients in the Greater Vancouver WA Area: